Minds and persons / edited by Anthony O'Hear
- Additional Titles:
- Minds & Persons
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (viii, 274 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- O'Hear, Anthony
- Perceptual, reflective and affective consciousness as existence? / Ted Honderich -- The domain of folk psychology / José Luis Bermúdez -- Minds, persons and the unthinkable / D.Z. Phillips -- Moderately massive modularity / Peter Carruthers -- A theory of phenomenal concepts / Michael Tye -- Free will and the burden of proof / William G. Lycan -- Materialism and the first person / Geoffrey Madell -- Language, belief and human beings / David Cockburn -- Human minds / David Papineau -- Non-personal minds / Stephen R.L. Clark -- Personal agency / E.J. Lowe -- Mental substances / Tim Crane -- Mind and illusion / Frank Jackson.
- The nature of the mind and of consciousness, the reality of freedom, the concept of agency and the relation of language to the mental: all are central and perennial questions in philosophy. In this collection, these and other topics are pursued in original essays by some of the leading figures in contemporary philosophy of mind and action. The essays are based on the lectures given in The Royal Institute of Philosophy's annual lecture series for 2001-2002.
- 9780511550294 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34835424