Algebraic topology via differential geometry / M. Karoubi and C. Leruste
- Karoubi, Max
- Uniform Title:
- Méthodes de géométrie différentielle en topologie algébrique. English
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 1987.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (363 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Leruste, C.
- In this volume the authors seek to illustrate how methods of differential geometry find application in the study of the topology of differential manifolds. Prerequisites are few since the authors take pains to set out the theory of differential forms and the algebra required. The reader is introduced to De Rham cohomology, and explicit and detailed calculations are present as examples. Topics covered include Mayer-Vietoris exact sequences, relative cohomology, Pioncare duality and Lefschetz's theorem. This book will be suitable for graduate students taking courses in algebraic topology and in differential topology. Mathematicians studying relativity and mathematical physics will find this an invaluable introduction to the techniques of differential geometry.
- 9780511629372 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34836480