Trade and the environment : a comparative study of EC and US law / Damien Geradin
- Geradin, Damien
- Additional Titles:
- Trade & the Environment
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 1997.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxiv, 231 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- 1. The case law of the Court of Justice -- 2. The case law of the Supreme Court -- 3. Comparative analysis -- 4. Judicial and legislative intervention -- 5. Harmonization in European Community law -- 6. Harmonization in United States law -- 7. Comparative analysis.
- Trade and the Environment is a penetrating analysis of the relation between trade and environmental protection policies in the EC and the US. It argues that the international tensions arising from policies designed to protect trade and the environment can be resolved by the free trade provisions of the EC Treaty and the US Constitution, and from the setting of common environmental standards for all parties. It discusses also the contributions of the judiciary and legislature toward the solution of these tensions. The interaction between them, writes Dr Geradin, shapes the balance between trade and environmental objectives in the Community and the United States. More generally, they define the progress of environmental protection in these systems.
- 9780511551550 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 08 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34838387