Algebraic topology : a student's guide / J.F. Adams
- Adams, J. Frank (John Frank)
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 1972.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vi, 300 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- This set of notes, for graduate students who are specializing in algebraic topology, adopts a novel approach to the teaching of the subject. It begins with a survey of the most beneficial areas for study, with recommendations regarding the best written accounts of each topic. Because a number of the sources are rather inaccessible to students, the second part of the book comprises a collection of some of these classic expositions, from journals, lecture notes, theses and conference proceedings. They are connected by short explanatory passages written by Professor Adams, whose own contributions to this branch of mathematics are represented in the reprinted articles.
- 9780511662584 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34838467