Liver disease in children / edited by Frederick J. Suchy, Ronald J. Sokol, William F. Balistreri
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- Third edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvii, 1,030 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Suchy, Frederick J., Sokol, Ronald J., and Balistreri, William F.
- Liver development: from endoderm to hepatocyte -- Functional development of the liver -- Mechanisms of bile formation and cholestasis -- The cholangiopathies -- Acute liver failure in children -- Cirrhosis and chronic liver failure -- Portal hypertension -- Laboratory assessment of liver function and injury in children -- Approach to the infant with cholestasis -- Medical and nutritional management of cholestasis in infants and children -- Neonatal hepatitis and congenital infections -- Biliary atresia and other disorders of the extrahepatic bile ducts -- Neonatal jaundice and disorders of bilirubin metabolism -- Familial hepatocellular cholestasis -- Alagille syndrome -- Diseases of the gallbladder in infancy, childhood, and adolescence -- Acute and chronic viral hepatitis -- Autoimmune hepatitis -- Sclerosing cholangitis -- Drug-induced liver disease -- Liver disease in immunodeficiencies -- Laboratory diagnosis of inborn errors of metabolism -- a₁-antitrypsin deficiency -- Cystic fibrosis liver disease -- Inborn errors of carbohydrate metabolism -- Copper metabolism and copper storage disorders -- Iron storage disorders -- Heme biosynthesis and the porphyrias -- Tyrosinemia -- The liver in lysosomal storage diseases -- Disorders of bile acid synthesis and metabolism: a metabolic basis for liver disease -- Inborn errors of mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation -- Mitochondrial hepatopathies -- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease -- Peroxisomal diseases -- Urea cycle disorders -- Bacterial, parasitic, and fungal infections of the liver -- Systemic disease and the liver -- Fibrocystic liver disease -- Tumors of the liver -- Liver transplantation in children.
- Completely revised new edition of the premier reference on pediatric liver disease. Liver Disease in Children, 3rd Edition provides authoritative coverage of every aspect of liver disease affecting infants, children, and adolescents. The book offers an integrated approach to the science and clinical practice of pediatric hepatology and charts the substantial progress in understanding and treating these diseases. Chapters are written by international experts and address the unique pathophysiology, manifestations, and management of these disorders in the pediatric population. The third edition has been thoroughly updated and features new contributions on liver development, cholestatic and autoimmune disorders, fatty liver disease, and inborn errors of metabolism. With the continued evolution of pediatric hepatology as a discipline, this text remains an essential reference for all physicians involved in the care of children with liver disease.
- 9780511547409 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34839268