Management of hematologic malignancies / edited by Susan O'Brien, Julie M. Vose, Hagop M. Kantarjian
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vii, 517 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- O'Brien, Susan, 1954-, Vose, Julie M., and Kantarjian, Hagop, 1952-
- Molecular pathology of leukemia / Maher Albitar and Amber Donahue -- Management of acute myeloid leukemia / Alan K. Burnett -- Treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) in adults / Ryan Mattison, Sarah Larson and Wendy Stock -- Chronic myeloid leukemia / Jorge Cortes -- Chronic lymphosytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphoma / Susan O'Brien -- Myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) / Stefan H. Faderl, Guillermo Garcia-Manero, Hagop Kantarjian -- Hairy cell leukemia / Darren S. Sigal and Alan Saven -- Acute promyelocytic leukemia: pathophysiology and clinical results update / Francesco Lo Coco, Massimo Breccia, and Syed Khizer Hasan -- Myeloproliferative neoplasms / Ayalew Tefferi -- Monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance, smoldering multiple myeloma, and multiple myeloma / S. Vincent Rajkumar and Suzanne R. Hayman -- Amyloidosis and other rare plasma cell dyscrasias / Angela Dispenzieri and Suzanne R. Hayman -- Waldenstrom's macrogloblinemia/lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma / Steven P. Treon and Giampaolo Merlini. and WHO classification of lymphoma / William W.L. Choi and Wing C. Chan -- Molecular pathology of lymphoma / David J. Good and Randy D. Gascoyne -- International staging and response criteria for lymphomas / Bruce D. Cheson -- Treatment approach to diffuse large B-cell lymphomas / Sonali M. Smith and Julie M. Vose -- Mantle cell lymphoma / Andre Goy -- Follicular lymphomas / Francisco J. Hernandez-Ilizaturri and Myron Czuczman -- Hodgkin lymphoma: epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment / Andrew M. Evens and Sandra J. Hornin -- Treatment approaches to malt/marginal zone lymphoma / Stephanie A. Gregory and Parameswaran Venugopal -- Peripheral T-cell lymphomas / Matthew J. Matasar and Steven Horwitz -- Mycosis fungoides and Sezary syndrome / Christine Querfeld and Steven T. Rosen -- Central nervous system lymphoma / Elizabeth R. Gerstner and Tracy T. Batchelor -- HIV-related lymphomas / Caroline M. Behler and Lawrence D. Kaplan -- Lymphoblastic lymphoma / Anuj Mahindra and John W. Sweetenham -- Burkitt lymphoma / Julie M. Vose.
- Hematologic malignancies were the first human cancers to be studied in depth at the molecular level, and recent years have seen important advances in treatment. This comprehensive reference book covers the full range of hematologic malignancies, including all subtypes of leukemias, lymphomas, and plasma cell dyscrasias. Authored by internationally known experts, each chapter emphasizes diagnostic work-up, staging, and therapeutic approaches. Up-to-date hematopathology, treatment, and outcomes data are presented in a way which is directly applicable to patient care. Highly illustrated with color images, graphs, flowcharts and treatment algorithms, the book is perfect for quick clinical reference as well as providing detailed reference lists for further study. With its authoritative and practical focus and visually stimulating presentation, this is a key text for hematology and oncology fellows, physicians, oncology nurses, physician assistants and other healthcare workers in the field of oncology.
- 9780511781926 (ebook) and 9780521896405 (hardback)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34839405