Economic policy in the international economy : essays in honor of Assaf Razin / edited by Elhanan Helpman, Efraim Sadka
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xi, 472 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Helpman, Elhanan, Sadka, Efraim, and Razin, Assaf
- Crises: the next generation? / Paul Krugman -- Solutions to the "devaluation bias": some preventive measures to defend fixed exchange rates against self-fulfilling attacks / Chi-Wa Yuen -- Growth-enhancing effects of bailout guarantees / Aaron Tornell -- Risk and exchange rates / Maurice Obstfeld and Kenneth S. Rogoff -- Economic integration, industrial specialization, and the asymmetry of macroeconomic fluctuations / Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan, Bent E. Sørensen, and Oved Yosha -- Uncovered interest parity in crisis: the interest rate defense in the 1990s / Robert P. Flood and Andrew K. Rose -- When does capital account liberalization help more than it hurts? / Carlos Arteta, Barry Eichengreen, and Charles Wyplosz -- Sources of inflation in developing countries / Prakash Loungani and Phillip Swagel -- Growth effects and the cost of business cycles / Gadi Barlevy -- Explaining economic growth / Yair Mundlak -- Simulating fundamental tax reform in the United States / David Altig [and others] -- The international macroeconomics of taxation and the case against European tax harmonization / Enrique G. Mendoza -- Home bias in portfolios and taxation of asset income / Roger H. Gordon and Vitor Gaspar -- Social dumping in the transformation process? / Hans-Werner Sinn -- Do political institutions shape economic policy? / Torsten Persson.
- Originally published in 2003, this book contains fifteen major essays on international economics. The authors investigate five principal themes: theory, and empirics, of financial issues in open economies; economic growth; public economies; and political economy. Written to honor Professor Assaf Razin of Tel Aviv and Cornell Universities on the occasion of his sixtieth birthday, the essays pay close attention to policy issues as well as formal analysis. The contributors include renowned specialists in international economics based in North America, Europe, Israel, and China. This volume of avanced research will be of interest to scholars, policy makers, and advanced students alike.
- 9780511610141 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34839428