How to write & illustrate a scientific paper / Björn Gustavii
- Gustavii, Björn, 1932-
- Additional Titles:
- How to Write & Illustrate a Scientific Paper
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2008.
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (ix, 168 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Basic rules of writing -- Comments on scientific language -- Drafting the manuscript -- Choosing a journal -- Preparing a graph -- Drawings -- Figure legends -- How to design tables -- Title -- Authors -- Abstract -- Introduction -- Methods -- Results -- Discussion -- Acknowledgments -- References -- Ph. D. and other doctoral theses -- Letters and case reports -- Numbers -- Abbreviations -- How to present statistical results -- Typing -- Dealing with editors and referees -- Correcting proofs -- Authors' responsibilities.
- This second edition of How to Write and Illustrate a Scientific Paper will help both first-time writers and more experienced authors, in all biological and medical disciplines, to present their results effectively. Whilst retaining the easy-to-read and well-structured approach of the previous edition, it has been broadened to include comprehensive advice on writing compilation theses for doctoral degrees, and a detailed description of preparing case reports. Illustrations, particularly graphs, are discussed in detail, with poor examples redrawn for comparison. The reader is offered advice on how to present the paper, where and how to submit the manuscript, and finally, how to correct the proofs. Examples of both good and bad writing, selected from actual journal articles, illustrate the author's advice - which has been developed through his extensive teaching experience - in this accessible and informative guide.
- 9780511808272 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34840326