Advanced mathematical methods for engineering and science students / G. Stephenson and P.M. Radmore
- Stephenson, G. (Geoffrey), 1927-1954
- Additional Titles:
- Advanced Mathematical Methods for Engineering & Science Students
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 1990.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xi, 255 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Radmore, P. M.
- This book provides a solid foundation to a number of important topics in mathematics of interest to science and engineering students. The authors' approach is simple and direct, the emphasis being on the analytical structure and applications of the material. The text is virtually self-contained, assuming only that the student has received a good basic course in ancillary mathematics. Each chapter contains a large number of worked examples, and concludes with problems for solution, with answers given in the back of the book. There is no comparable text that covers this material in such a concise form. This book will be of great value to undergraduates in physics, chemistry, theoretical biology, and in all engineering disciplines, as a source book of advanced mathematical methods, and also to postgraduate students as a revision text.
- 9781139168120 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34840925