Overcoming learning disabilities : a Vygotskian-Lurian neuropsychological approach / Tatiana V. Akhutina, Natalia M. Pylaeva
- Akhutina, T. V. (Tatʹi︠a︡na Vasilʹevna)
- Uniform Title:
- Preodolenie trudnosteĭ obuchenii︠a︡. English
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2012.
- First English edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xii, 305 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Pylaeva, N. (Natalia M.), 1948-
- Based on the ideas of Russian psychologists Lev Vygotsky and Alexander Luria, this book explores methods of preventing or overcoming learning disabilities. Tatiana V. Akhutina and Natalia M. Pylaeva build on Vygotsky and Luria's sociocultural theory and their principle of a systemic structure and dynamic organization of higher mental functions. They focus on the interactive scaffolding of the weak components of the child's functional systems, the transition from joint child-adult co-actions, and the emotional involvement of the child. The authors discuss effective ways to remediate issues with attention, executive functions (working memory and cognitive control) and spatial and visual-verbal functions. Overcoming Learning Disabilities translates complex problems into easily understandable concepts useful to school psychologists, special and general education teachers, and parents of children with learning disabilities.
- 9781139012799 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 14 Jan 2016).
View MARC record | catkey: 34841467