Metal Forming : mechanics and metallurgy / William F. Hosford, Robert M. Caddell
- Hosford, William F.
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- Fourth edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xii, 331 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Caddell, Robert M.
- Machine generated contents note: 1. Stress and strain; 2. Plasticity; 3. Strain hardening; 4. Plastic Instability; 5. Temperature and strain-rate dependence; 6. Work balance; 7. Slab analysis and friction; 8. Friction and lubrication; 9. Upper-bound analysis; 10. Slip-line field analysis; 11. Deformation zone geometry; 12. Formability; 13. Bending; 14. Plastic anisotropy; 15. Cupping, redrawing and ironing; 16. Forming limit diagrams; 17. Stamping; 18. Hydroforming; 19. Other sheet forming operations; 20. Formability tests; 21. Sheet metal properties.
- This book helps the engineer understand the principles of metal forming and analyze forming problems - both the mechanics of forming processes and how the properties of metals interact with the processes. In this fourth edition, an entire chapter has been devoted to forming limit diagrams and various aspects of stamping and another on other sheet forming operations. Sheet testing is covered in a separate chapter. Coverage of sheet metal properties has been expanded. Interesting end-of-chapter notes have been added throughout, as well as references. More than 200 end-of-chapter problems are also included.
- 9780511976940 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34842206