Victory in war : foundations of modern strategy / William C. Martel
- Martel, William C.
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xi, 578 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- War demands that scholars and policy makers use victory in precise and coherent terms to communicate what the state seeks to achieve in war. The failure historically to define victory in consistent terms has contributed to confused debates when societies consider whether to wage war. This volume explores the development of a theoretical narrative or language of victory to help scholars and policy makers define carefully and precisely what they mean by victory in war in order to achieve a deeper understanding of victory as the foundation of strategy in the modern world.
- 9780511842443 (ebook), 9781107014190 (hardback), and 9780521177733 (paperback)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34842912