Numerical methods in engineering with MATLAB / Jaan Kiusalaas
- Kiusalaas, Jaan
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 431 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Introduction to MATLAB -- Systems of linear algebraic equations -- Interpolation and curve fitting -- Roots of equations -- Numerical differentiation -- Numerical integration -- Initial value problems -- Two-point boundary value problems -- Symmetric matrix eigenvalue problems -- Introduction to optimization.
- Numerical Methods in Engineering with MATLAB® is a text for engineering students and a reference for practising engineers. The choice of numerical methods was based on their relevance to engineering problems. Every method is discussed thoroughly and illustrated with problems involving both hand computation and programming. MATLAB M-files accompany each method and are available on the book website. This code is made simple and easy to understand by avoiding complex book-keeping schemes, while maintaining the essential features of the method. MATLAB was chosen as the example language because of its ubiquitous use in engineering studies and practice. This new edition includes the new MATLAB anonymous functions, which allow the programmer to embed functions into the program rather than storing them as separate files.
- 9780511812200 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34843127