Data structures and algorithms using Visual Basic.NET / Michael McMillan
- McMillan, Michael, 1957-
- Additional Titles:
- Data Structures & Algorithms Using Visual Basic.NET
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 401 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Collections -- Arrays and ArrayLists -- Basic Sorting Algorithms -- Basic Searching Algorithms -- Stacks and Queues -- The BitArray Class -- Strings, the String Class, and the StringBuilder Class -- Pattern Matching and Text Processing -- Building Dictionaries -- The DictionaryBase Class and the SortedList Class -- Hashing and the HashTable Class -- Linked Lists -- Binary Trees and Binary Search Trees -- Sets -- Advanced Sorting Algorithms -- Advanced Data Structures and Algorithms for Searching -- Graphs and Graph Algorithms -- Advanced Algorithms.
- This is the first Visual Basic.NET book to provide a comprehensive discussion of the major data structures and algorithms. Here, instead of having to translate material on C++ or Java, the professional or student VB.NET programmer will find a tutorial on how to use data structures and algorithms and a reference for implementation using VB.NET for data structures and algorithms from the .NET Framework Class Library as well as those which must be developed by the programmer. In an object-oriented fashion, the author presents arrays and arraylists, linked lists, hash tables, dictionaries, trees, graphs, sorting and searching as well as more advanced algorithms, such as probabilistic algorithms and dynamic programming. His approach is very practical, for example using timing tests rather than Big O analysis to compare the performance of data structures and algorithms. This book can be used in both beginning and advanced computer programming courses that use the VB.NET language and, most importantly, by the professional VB programmer.
- 9780511547010 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34843132