Psychosomatic medicine : an introduction to consultation-liaison psychiatry / edited by James J. Amos and Robert G. Robinson
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiii, 275 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Amos, James J., 1955- and Robinson, Robert G. (Robert George), 1945-
- The consultation process / Jeanne M. Lackamp -- Assessing capacity in the medically ill: I don't want to! / Mary J. Fitz-Gerald -- The difficult patient encounter: understanding what just happened? / Raheel A. Khan and Mary J. Fitz-Gerald -- Psychopharmacology in the medically ill /Sanjeev Sockalingam, Adrienne Tan and Susan E. Abbey -- Suicide risk assessment / James J. Amos -- Assessment and management of the violent patient / James J. Amos -- Evaluation and management of delirium / John Querque [and others] -- Management of somatoform disorders / Kathy Coffman -- Managing factitious disorder and malingering / James J. Amos -- Agitation in patients with dementia / Debra R. Kahn, Raheel A. Khan and James A. Bourgeois -- Depression and heart disease / Jess G. Fiedorowicz -- Management of poststroke depression / Robert G. Robinson, Sergio E. Starkstein and Romina Mizrahi -- Psychiatric aspects of Parkinson's disease / Joanne A. Byars and Laura Marsh -- Managing depression in traumatic brain injury / Oludamilola Salami and Vani Rao -- Managing psychiatric aspects of seizure disorders Alex Thompson -- Distress and depression in cancer care / Janeta Tansey and Donna Greenberg -- Depression in the patient with hepatitis / C Joseph A. Locala -- Psychiatric aspects of AIDS / Mary Ann Cohen -- Managing depression and renal failure / Thomas W. Heinrich -- Management of psychiatric syndromes due to endocrine and metabolic diseases / James J. Amos and Jaspreet Chahal -- Management of alcohol withdrawal and other selected substance withdrawal issues / Philip A. Bialer and Anthony C. Miller -- Managing depression in pregnancy / Robin C. Kopelman -- Psychiatric aspects of organ transplantation / Michael Marcangelo and Catherine Crone -- Preoperative psychiatric evaluation for bariatric surgery / Kathy Coffman -- Psychiatric care at the end of life: hospice and palliative medicine / Michelle Weckmann -- Demoralization in the medical setting / Marcus Wellen and Thomas Wise -- Psychotherapy for the hospitalized medically ill patient / Scott Temple and Scott Stuart -- Children's reaction and consequences of illness and hospitalization and transition of care from pediatric to adult settings / Susan Turkel and Maryland Pao.
- Psychosomatic medicine or consultation-liaison psychiatry is the branch of psychiatry that focuses on the mental health issues which accompany, or develop as a result of, other medical disorders. This subdiscipline forms an important part of training in psychiatry. This book provides an ideal first exposure to the inseparable nature of physical and psychological health and illness, and a comprehensive introduction to the broad range of disorders seen on the psychiatric consult service. Organized into a series of bitesized chapters, each focusing on a typical consult question, this handbook provides a practical and portable reference which should set both strategy and tactics for the next generation of consulting psychiatrists. Essential reading for medical students, psychiatry residents and psychosomatic fellows, this manual will provide immediate, in-the-field guidance on the evaluation and management of common consultation requests.
- 9780511776878 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34844189