UK tax policy and applied general equilibrium analysis / John Piggott, John Whalley
- Piggott, John (John R.
- Additional Titles:
- UK Tax Policy & Applied General Equilibrium Analysis
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 1985.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 345 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Whalley, John
- At the time of this volume's publication in 1985, general equilibrium modelling had become a significant area of applied economic research. Its focus was to develop techniques to facilitate economy-wide quantitative assessment of allocative and distributional impacts on policy changes. UK Tax Policy and Applied General Equilibrium Analysis was the first book-length treatment of the development and application of an applied general equilibrium model of the Walrasian type, constructed to analyse UK taxation and subsidy policy. As a whole, UK Tax Policy and Applied General Equilibrium Analysis offers the reader two things. First, it gives a detailed account of the development of an applied general equilibrium model of the UK. Second, it provides results of model experiments which have been designed to inform the policy debate, not only in the UK but also in other countries. It should thus be of interest to both researchers and students undertaking research in the applied general equilibrium area and to policy makers concerned with tax reform.
- 9780511753008 (ebook), 9780521301480 (hardback), and 9780521104593 (paperback)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34846405