The theory of finite linear spaces : combinatorics of points and lines / Lynn Margaret Batten, Albrecht Beutelspacher
- Batten, Lynn Margaret
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 1993.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 214 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Beutelspacher, Albrecht
- 1. The essentials -- 2. Complementation -- 3. Line sizes -- 4. Semiaffine linear spaces -- 5. Semiaffine linear spaces with large order -- 6. Linear spaces with few lines -- 7. d-Dimensional linear spaces -- 8. Group action on linear spaces.
- This 1994 text covers finite linear spaces. It contains all the important results that had been published up to the time of publication, and is designed to be used not only as a resource for researchers in this and related areas, but also as a graduate-level text. In eight chapters the authors introduce and review fundamental results, and go on to cover the major areas of interest in linear spaces. A combinatorial approach is used for the greater part of the book, but in the final chapter recent advances in group theory relating to finite linear spaces are presented. At the end of each chapter there is a set of exercises which are designed to test comprehension of the material, and there is also a section of problems for researchers. It will be an invaluable book for researchers in geometry and combinatorics as well as forming an excellent text for graduate students.
- 9780511666919 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34847421