An amateur's guide to observing and imaging the heavens / Ian Morison, University of Manchester and Gresham College
- Morison, Ian, 1943-
- Additional Titles:
- Amateur's Guide to Observing & Imaging the Heavens
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 321 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- An Amateur's Guide to Observing and Imaging the Heavens is a highly comprehensive guidebook that bridges the gap between the beginners' and hobbyists' books and the many specialised and subject-specific texts for more advanced amateur astronomers. Written by an experienced astronomer and educator, the book is a one-stop reference providing extensive information and advice about observing and imaging equipment, with detailed examples showing how best to use them. In addition to providing in-depth knowledge about every type of astronomical telescope and highlighting their strengths and weaknesses, two chapters offer advice on making visual observations of the Sun, Moon, planets, stars and galaxies. All types of modern astronomical imaging are covered, with step-by-step details given on the use of DSLRs and web-cams for solar, lunar and planetary imaging and the use of DSLRs and cooled CCD cameras for deep sky imaging.
- 9781139856744 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34848228