Surveys in combinatorics 2007 / edited by Anthony Hilton, John Talbot
- Conference Author:
- British Combinatorial Conference (21st : 2007 : Reading, England)
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vii, 286 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Hilton, Anthony, 1941- and Talbot, J. (John), 1974-
- Hereditary and monotone propertie of combinatorial structures / Béla Bollobás -- Ordering classes of matrices of 0s and 1s / Richard A. Brualdi -- Cycle decompositions of complete graphs / Darryn Bryant -- Excluding induced subgraphs / Maria Chudnovsky and Paul Seymour -- Designs and topology / M.J. Grannell and T.S. Griggs -- The number of points on an algebraic curve over a finite field / J.W.P. Hirschfeld, G. Korchmáros, and F. Torres -- On the efficient approximability of constraint satisfaction problems / Johan H°astad -- The combinatorics of cryptographic key establishment / Keith M. Martin -- Bandwidth of graphic matroids / Frédéric Mazoit and Stéphan Thomassé.
- This 2007 volume contains survey articles based on the invited lectures given at the Twenty-first British Combinatorial Conference, held in July 2007 at the University of Reading. This biennial conference is a well-established international event and the articles are of the high quality that befits the event. By its nature this volume provides an overview of current research activity in several areas of combinatorics, ranging from graph theory to current applications of combinatorial mathematics, including efficient approximability of NP-hard optimization problems and cryptographic key management. The authors are some of the world's foremost researchers in their fields, and here they summarize existing results, and give a unique preview of work currently being written up. The book provides a valuable survey of the state of knowledge in combinatorics. It will be useful to research workers and advanced graduate students, primarily in mathematics but also in computer science, statistics and engineering.
- 9780511666209 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34849753