The sperm cell : production, maturation, fertilization, regeneration / edited by Christopher J. De Jonge, Christopher L. R. Barratt
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2017.
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiii, 304 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Jonge, Christopher J. De and Barratt, C. L. R.
- This revised and updated second edition provides a comprehensive account of the human male gamete. Detailed overviews of human sperm production, maturation, and function - and how these processes affect and influence fertility, infertility, and assisted reproduction - are given. A wide range of new developments including proteomics, spermatogenesis, sperm-specific WW domain-binding proteins, Ca2+ signalling, DNA packaging, epididymis are explored, whilst a new chapter presents information gained from mouse genetics, highlighting how it informs male fertility research. The impact of environmental factors during pre-pubertal and pubertal stages of life is also investigated. Featuring engaging prose with chapters organized topographically, The Sperm Cell remains an essential resource for andrologists, clinical scientists, and laboratory personnel.
- 9781316411124 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 25 May 2017).
View MARC record | catkey: 34849997