Treatment of dystonia / edited by Dirk Dressler, Eckart Altenmüller, Joachim K. Krauss
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xv, 464 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Dressler, Dirk, Krauss, Joachim K., and Altenmüller, Eckart
- Our understanding of dystonia is advancing rapidly. This comprehensive reference work provides an effective guide to this challenging group of disorders, offering an overview of the current and emerging treatment options for all manifestations. Treatments for the many forms of dystonia differ substantially in pediatrics and adults - both are covered in detail in this book. Approaches include botulinum toxin therapy, deep brain stimulation, oral drug applications, rehabilitation, and behavioral and experimental therapies. Special emphasis is also given to combining different treatment modalities in order to achieve optimal effect. Treatment of Dystonia brings together peer-reviewed articles, written by experts and based on work presented at international conferences. By enabling the physician to select and combine the best therapies, it is an essential resource for neurologists, neurosurgeons and physical therapists.
- 9781316459324 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 29 May 2018).
View MARC record | catkey: 34851384