Management tools : a social sciences perspective / Ève Chiapello, Patrick Gilbert ; In collaboration with Marion Brivot, Carine Chemin-Bouzir and Benedicte Grall
- Chiapello, Eve
- Uniform Title:
- Sociologie des outils de gestion. English
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xix, 291 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Gilbert, Patrick
- No organization is immune from the influence of management tools. Such tools as norms, indicators, ranking, evaluation grids and management control systems have moved outside the managerial and consultancy realm within which they were first developed to reach public administrations and policy-makers, as well as a range of other governmental and non-governmental organizations. Taking management tools out of the practical and utilitarian contexts to which they are often consigned and approaching them from a social analytical perspective, this book gives primacy to these everyday objects that constitute the background of organizational life and remain too often unquestioned. Bringing together developing streams of research from anthropology, political science, social psychology, sociology, accounting, organisation theory and management, Ève Chiapello and Patrick Gilbert offer an unprecedented theoretical synthesis that will help managers, scholars and policy-makers to unpack the functional and dysfunctional roles and effects of management tools within and across organizations.
- 9781108553858 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 31 Jul 2019).
View MARC record | catkey: 34852045