Home, harvest, & healing : a Sing for joy hymn festival
- Additional Titles:
- Home, harvest, and healing
- Northfield, Minn. : St. Olaf Records, ©2004.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Additional Creators:
- Armstrong, Anton, Ferguson, John Allen, 1941-, Hayes, Mark, 1953-, Howells, Herbert, 1892-1983, Wood, Dale, and St. Olaf Choir (St. Olaf College)
- Psalm-Prelude, set 2, No. 3 / Herbert Howells (Lynn Trapp) -- O for a thousand tongues to sing -- Reading: Jeremiah 31:7-9 -- Gather us in -- Day by day / setting by Mark Hayes -- Come, we that love the Lord / setting by John Ferguson -- Reading: Psalm 126 -- Come, you thankful people, come -- Praise and thanksgiving -- Psalm 126 [sung]-- God, whose giving knows no ending -- Reading: Mark 10:46-52 -- The King of glory -- Praise to the Lord, the almighty -- Reading: Hebrews 7:23-28 -- Great is Thy faithfulness -- God, You made all things for singing / setting by John Ferguson -- For the fruit of all creation -- Organ book of American folk hymns. Pisgah / Dale Wood (Lynn Trapp).
- Related Titles:
- O for a thousand tongues to sing
Gather us in.
Day by day
Come, we that love the Lord
Come, you thankful people, come
Praise and thanksgiving
God, whose giving knows no ending
King of glory
Praise to the Lord, the almighty
Great is Thy faithfulness
God, You made all things for singing
For the fruit of all creation
- Sound Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- St. Olaf Records: E-2648.
All hymn arrangements are by John Ferguson.
"The sung and spoken texts ... were deliberately chosen for their references to the biblical themes in the season of autumn and Thanksgiving"--Page  of insert.
Words printed as text on insert ( p.) in case.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Marty Palikan and Jeffrey O'Donnell, executive producers.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Readers ; Magnum Chorum, David Dickau, director ; St. Olaf Catholic Church Festival Choir, Lynn Trapp, organ and director ; Brass ensemble ; John Ferguson, organ ; Bruce Benson, host.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded live at St. Olaf Catholic Church, Minneapolis, Minn., August 24, 2003.
View MARC record | catkey: 34856785