IBM GDPS Family: An Introduction to Concepts and Capabilities [electronic resource] / Parziale, Lydia
- Parziale, Lydia
- IBM Redbooks, 2021.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (352 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Cooper, Brian, Draper, David, Klemm, Joerg, Lee, Mairi, Narbey, Marie-France, Radhakrishnan, Vijay, Thompson, John, and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- This IBM® Redbooks® publication presents an overview of the IBM Geographically Dispersed Parallel Sysplex® (IBM GDPS®) offerings and the roles they play in delivering a business IT resilience solution. The book begins with general concepts of business IT resilience and disaster recovery, along with issues related to high application availability, data integrity, and performance. These topics are considered within the framework of government regulation, increasing application and infrastructure complexity, and the competitive and rapidly changing modern business environment. Next, it describes the GDPS family of offerings with specific reference to how they can help you achieve your defined goals for disaster recovery and high availability. Also covered are the features that simplify and enhance data replication activities, the prerequisites for implementing each offering, and tips for planning for the future and immediate business requirements. Tables provide easy-to-use summaries and comparisons of the offerings. The extra planning and implementation services available from IBM also are explained. Then, several practical client scenarios and requirements are described, along with the most suitable GDPS solution for each case. The introductory chapters of this publication are intended for a broad technical audience, including IT System Architects, Availability Managers, Technical IT Managers, Operations Managers, System Programmers, and Disaster Recovery Planners. The subsequent chapters provide more technical details about the GDPS offerings, and each can be read independently for those readers who are interested in specific topics. Therefore, if you read all of the chapters, be aware that some information is intentionally repeated.
- 9780738459936 and 0738459933
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2021.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright 2021 © IBM 2021
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 34860257