Advances in Usability, User Experience, Wearable and Assistive Technology [electronic resource] : Proceedings of the AHFE 2021 Virtual Conferences on Usability and User Experience, Human Factors and Wearable Technologies, Human Factors in Virtual Environments and Game Design, and Human Factors and Assistive Technology, July 25-29, 2021, USA / edited by Tareq Z. Ahram, Christianne S. Falcão
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2021.
- 1st ed. 2021.
- Physical Description:
- XXIII, 1163 p. 519 illus., 376 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Ahram, Tareq Z., Falcão, Christianne S., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, 2367-3370 ; 275
- This book addresses emerging issues in usability, interface design, human-computer interaction, user experience and assistive technology. It highlights research aimed at understanding human interactions with products, services and systems and focuses on finding effective approaches for improving the user experience. It also discusses key issues in designing and providing assistive devices and services for individuals with disabilities or impairment, offering them support with mobility, communication, positioning, environmental control and daily living. The book covers modeling as well as innovative design concepts, with a special emphasis on user-centered design, and design for specific populations, particularly the elderly. Further topics include virtual reality, digital environments, gaming, heuristic evaluation and forms of device interface feedback (e.g. visual and haptic). Based on the AHFE 2021 Conferences on Usability and User Experience, Human Factors and Wearable Technologies, Human Factors in Virtual Environments and Game Design, and Human Factors and Assistive Technology, held virtually on 25-29 July, 2021, from USA, this book provides academics and professionals with an extensive source of information and a timely guide to tools, applications and future challenges in these fields.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 34861191