The Neurobiology and Treatment of OCD: Accelerating Progress [electronic resource] / edited by Naomi A. Fineberg, Trevor W. Robbins
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2021.
- 1st ed. 2021.
- Physical Description:
- XII, 477 p. 70 illus., 16 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Fineberg, Naomi A., Robbins, Trevor W., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Current Topics in Behavioral Neurosciences, 1866-3370 ; 49
- The future of OC spectrum disorders, a research perspective -- Developmental Aspects of OCD -- Animal Models of OCD -- Inflammation, OCD and related disorders -- Genetic of OCD and related disorders -- Neurocognitive endophenotypes and OCD -- Structural Imaging and OCD -- Functional imaging and OCD -- Advances in PET and MRS imaging and OCD -- Goal directed deficit versus habit dominance in OCD -- Electrophysiology, Error processing and OCD -- Future Use of Exposure and response prevention in the Understanding and Treatment of OCD -- Pharmacogenetics and OCD -- Invasive And Non-Invasive Neurostimulation for OCD .
- The book highlights important new research approaches of clinical relevance, written by prominent researchers in the field of OCD and related disorders. A broad range of topics is covered, beginning with a description of the phenotypic features of the OCD followed by chapters on developmental aspects, animal models, genetic and biological models including neuro-inflammation, functional neuroimaging correlates and information-processing accounts. Finally, existing and novel treatment approaches are covered including clinical and pharmacogenetic treatment models. In this way the volume brings together the key disciplines involved in the neurobiological understanding of OCD to provide an update of the field and outlook to the future. Together, the volume chapters provide focused and critical reviews that span a broad range of topics suitable for both students and established investigators and clinicians interested in the present state of OCD research.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 34861306