SQL Server on Kubernetes [electronic resource] : Designing and Building a Modern Data Platform / by Anthony E. Nocentino, Ben Weissman
- Nocentino, Anthony E.
- Berkeley, CA : Apress : Imprint: Apress, 2021.
- 1st ed. 2021.
- Physical Description:
- XVII, 239 p. 140 illus. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Weissman, Ben and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Part I. Container and Kubernetes Foundations -- 1. Getting Started -- 2. Container Fundamentals -- 3. Kubernetes Architecture -- Part II. Kubernetes in Practice -- 4. Installing Kubernetes -- 5. Interacting with your Kubernetes Cluster -- 6. Storing Persistent Data in Kubernetes -- Part III. SQL Server in Kubernetes -- 7. Deploying SQL Server in Kubernetes -- 8. Monitoring SQL Server in Kubernetes -- 9. Azure Arc-enabled Data Services and High Availability for SQL Server in Kubernetes -- 10. Big Data Clusters.
- Build a modern data platform by deploying SQL Server in Kubernetes. Modern application deployment needs to be fast and consistent to keep up with business objectives and Kubernetes is quickly becoming the standard for deploying container-based applications, fast. This book introduces Kubernetes and its core concepts. Then it shows you how to build and interact with a Kubernetes cluster. Next, it goes deep into deploying and operationalizing SQL Server in Kubernetes, both on premises and in cloud environments such as the Azure Cloud. You will begin with container-based application fundamentals and then go into an architectural overview of a Kubernetes container and how it manages application state. Then you will learn the hands-on skill of building a production-ready cluster. With your cluster up and running, you will learn how to interact with your cluster and perform common administrative tasks. Once you can admin the cluster, you will learn how to deploy applications and SQL Server in Kubernetes. You will learn about high-availability options, and about using Azure Arc-enabled Data Services. By the end of this book, you will know how to set up a Kubernetes cluster, manage a cluster, deploy applications and databases, and keep everything up and running. You will learn to: Understand Kubernetes architecture and cluster components Deploy your applications into Kubernetes clusters Manage your containers programmatically through API objects and controllers Deploy and operationalize SQL Server in Kubernetes Implement high-availability SQL Server scenarios on Kubernetes using Azure Arc-enabled Data Services Make use of Kubernetes deployments for Big Data Clusters.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 34861478