Advances in Cartography and Geographic Information Engineering [electronic resource] / edited by Jiayao Wang, Fang Wu.
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2021.
- 1st ed. 2021.
- Physical Description:
- XXIV, 638 p. 16 illus. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Wang, Jiayao, Wu, Fang, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Overview -- Cartography Theory -- Map Projection -- Map Design -- Cartographic Generalization -- Thematic cartography -- Marine cartography -- Aeronautical Charts mapping -- Geo-information Tupu -- Geospatial Database -- Digital Cartography -- Map printing and publishing -- Geographic Information System -- Virtual geographical environment -- Geographic ontology -- Spatial data mining and knowledge discovery -- Spatial data uncertainty and quality control -- Standardization of cartography and geographic information -- History of cartography.
- This book reviews and summarizes the development and achievement in cartography and geographic information engineering in China over the past 60 years after the founding of the People's Republic of China. It comprehensively reflects cartography, as a traditional discipline, has almost the same long history with the world's first culture and has experienced extraordinary and great changes. The book consists of nineteen thematic chapters. Each chapter is in accordance with the unified directory structure, introduction, development process, major study achievements, problem and prospect, representative works, as well as a lot of references. It is useful as a reference both for scientists and technicians who are engaged in teaching, researching and engineering of cartography and geographic information engineering. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 34861485