Textbooks and Educational Media: Perspectives from Subject Education [electronic resource] : Proceedings of the 13th IARTEM Conference 2015, Berlin / edited by Péter Bagoly-Simó, Zuzana Sikorová
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2021.
- 1st ed. 2021.
- Physical Description:
- XII, 450 p. 81 illus., 58 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Bagoly-Simó, Péter, Sikorová, Zuzana, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Chapter 1. Textbook as a Medium: Impulses from Media Studies for Research on Teaching Materials and Textbooks in educational Sciences -- Chapter 2. Colombia's Social and Political Conflict in Primary School Textbooks on Social Sciences: Narrative and Historical Representation (2003-13) -- Chapter 3. Textbooks for Rural Schools: Conflict Between Norms and School Practices -- Chapter 4. The Shifting Landscape of Text and How it is Comprehended -- Chapter 5. Bhaskar's Theory of Publishing and its Contribution to Theorizing (Evolving New Forms of) Educational Media -- Chapter 6. The Use of Community Resources for the Inclusion of Preschool Students in Schools -- Chapter 7. The Role of Teaching Materials in Educational Innovation in Early Childhood Education. Initial Reflections and Analysis of Good Practices -- Chapter 8. Research Background in the Field of Textbooks and Music Teaching Materials in Preschool Education -- Chapter 9. Images of Antiracism and the Crisis of White Patriarchy in Swedish Primary School Textbooks -- Chapter 10. Analysis of Visual Components in Czech History Textbooks for Lower Grades of Elementary Schools -- Chapter 11. Doing Research on Geography Textbooks. An Overview of Methods, Samples, and Topics in International and German Journals (1960-2020) -- Chapter 12. Geography Textbooks as a Political Tool to Promote Energy Transitions? -- Chapter 13. Geographical Reading of the "Global Warming Ready" Advertisement -- Chapter 14. Well Designed Digital Textbooks-Users' Requirements -- Chapter 15. Didactics as a School Discipline: A Study of General Didactics Textbooks -- Chapter 16. Manuals Aimed at Guiding Teachers in Teaching Physics for the Initial Grades of Elementary School -- Chapter 17. The Teaching of Botany in Portugal: An Analysis of Primary School Textbooks (1900-2000) -- Chapter 18. Images as Resources In Biological Science Teaching -- Chapter 19. Pedagogic Practice and Science Textbooks: Experiences of the PDE/PR -- Chapter 20. Selection and Transformation of Resources by Physics Teachers: How to Explain the Diversity of Choices Processes? -- Chapter 21. Multimedia Materials in Brazilian Physics Textbooks: An Analysis Following the Cognitive Theory of Multimedia Learning -- Chapter 22. Cypriot Physics Teachers' Use of Physics Textbooks in their Teaching -- Chapter 23. Teachers Designing Their Lessons: The Complex Stage of Educational Resource Selection -- Chapter 24. The New Status of Music in Brazilian Schools Since 2012 and the Role of Music Textbooks -- Chapter 25. Criteria of Educational Media Selection for French Secondary School English -- Chapter 26. Memory Practices and Media Use in Educational Contexts: Relationships Between History, Politics and Memory in Schools -- Chapter 27. Easy Readers for Young Adults in Swedish Classrooms-Learning Material or Literature? -- Chapter 28. The Function of Fiction. Textbooks after the 2011 Swedish Senior High School Reform -- Chapter 29. History Textbook Evaluation by High-School Students -- Chapter 30. The 'Scramble for Africa' in German and English History Textbooks: Politics of Memory during Decolonization -- Chapter 31. Fostering Historical Thinking with Textbooks. A Case Study of Tasks in Austrian History Textbooks -- Chapter 32. Being a History Teacher: Handbooks for Teachers Produced in Brazil between 1984-2014 -- Chapter 33. An Analysis of French Teachers' Digital Resources Production: From Personal Resources to Formal Communities -- Chapter 34. Learning Resources and Massive Open Online Courses-What's Going On? -- Chapter 35. The History of Textbook in the Library Fund of INDIRE -- Chapter 36. Edu.data-Textbook Systems Worldwide.
- This book brings together empirical research and conceptual work on textbooks and education media from 13 countries and 17 disciplines. Along with textbook production, usage, and development, it also explores the interconnectedness of (educational) policy and teaching and learning materials. Further, the book offers insights into regional and local discourses (e.g. specific theories of Portuguese- and Spanish-speaking countries as well as Nordic countries, contrasting their theories with international literature), practices, and solutions with regard to teaching selected subjects at the pre-primary, primary, secondary, and tertiary level. This book also discusses the specific combinations of subjects (e.g. Physics, Biology, Geography, Swedish, English) and their subject-specific education (e.g. Physics Education or Didactics). Lastly, it examines the work of a number of early-career researchers, giving them a voice and bringing in fresh ideas currently being developed in various countries around the globe. This proceedings volume will appeal to publishers, subject educators in primary, secondary, and tertiary education, and academic researchers from the fields of textbooks, educational media and subject-specific education. Its international authorship and explicit focus on subject-specific particularities of educational media provide a unique and comprehensive overview.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature eBook
View MARC record | catkey: 34861589