The monasteries of the Wadi ʼn Natrûn
- Evelyn-White, Hugh G. (Hugh Gerard), 1884-1924
- New York : [The Metropolitan Museum of Art], 1926-33.
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes : illustrations, maps, plans ; 35 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Ṣubḥī, Jūrjī, Hauser, Walter, and Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.). Egyptian Expedition
- Publications of the Metropolitan Museum of Art Egyptian expedition, v. 2,7,8
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- pt. 1. New Coptic texts from the Monastery of Saint Macarius / edited with an introduction on the library at the Monastery of Saint Macarius by Hugh G. Evelyn White, with an appendix on a Copto-Arabic ms. by G.P.G. Sobhy -- pt. 2. The history of the monasteries of Nitria and Scetis / by Hugh G. Evelyn White, edited by Walter Hauser -- pt. 3 The architecture and archaeology / by Hugh G. Evelyn White, edited by Walter Hauser.
- Includes indexes.
Each plate accompanied by guard sheet with descriptive letterpress.
Printed in Great Britain.
"An edition of five hundred copies"
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Reproduction Note:
- Also available as electronic reproduction. New York, N.Y. : Thomas J. Watson Library, 2014.
View MARC record | catkey: 34866801