Artists' correspondence, 1894-1949 (bulk 1894-1897).
- Corporate Author:
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.). Library
- Physical Description:
- .24 cubic ft.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Collection consists chiefly of personal and business currespondence from American artists Samantha Littlefield Huntley, Thomas Wilmer Dewing, Marion Howard, Donald A. MacAllister, Irma Rothstein, Manuel J. Tolegian, and Frank Stout. The Stout material comprises the bulk of the collection, consisting chiefly of: letters to his mother and father written between 1894 and 1897; letters from Gertrude Käsebier, Daisy Fletcher, Sarah J. Heap, and his mother; part of an autograph notebook; an annotated colored advertisement for the Pierce Arrow automobile by illustrator Louis Fancher, dated "08"
- Huntley, Samantha L. (Samantha Littlefield), 1865-1949
- Dewing, Thomas Wilmer, 1851-1938
- Howard, Marion, 1883-1953
- MacAllister, Donald A.
- Rothstein, Irma, 1896-1971
- Tolegian, Manuel J. (Manuel Jerair), 1911-1983
- Stout, Frank, 1875-1955
- Levy, Florence N. (Florence Nightingale), 1870-1947
- Käsebier, Gertrude, 1852-1934
- Fletcher, Daisy
- Heap, Sarah J.
- Fancher, Louis D., 1884-1944
- Other Forms:
- Photocopy available in repository.
- Reproduction Note:
- Also available as electronic reproduction. New York, N.Y. : Thomas J. Watson Library, 2015.
View MARC record | catkey: 34867607