Do not ever work / Rirkrit Tiravanija
- Tiravanija, Rirkrit, 1961-
- Paris : Onestar Press, 2015/2016.
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (54 PDF pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Onestar Press and Biennale di Venezia (56th : 2015 : Venice, Italy)
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Digital File Characteristics:
- "Published 2015/2016; 140 x 225 mm; 102 pages; Cover: Paperback, color, glossy finish; Binding: glue bound; Interior: black and white; 2nd edition limited to 250 numbered copies" -- Publisher's description.
"For his participation in the 56th Venice Biennale, Rirkrit Tiravanija realized Untitled 2015 (14,086 unfired) an event located in the Central Exhibition, Arsenale, allowing visitors to purchase construction bricks stamped with a Mandarin translation of Guy Debord's protest slogan "Ne Travaillez Jamais" with proceeds benefiting the Italian foundation ISCOS, a nonprofit supporting international worker's rights in Italy and developing countries. Inspired by the ubiquitous presence of construction bricks piled before various building sites in Beijing, Tiravanija decided to "make a little factory" in China where this slogan was stamped into bricks by workers, emphasizing their labor as literal building block of society whilst highlighting the various ways in which their force is equally taken for granted. onestar press is happy to present DO NOT EVER WORK, an artist book by Rirkrit Tiravanija wherein the famed slogan "Ne Travaillez Jamais" has been translated into an international chorus of voices, printed in the artist's typeface Tiravanija 1." -- Publisher's website.
Title from PDF page 1.
View MARC record | catkey: 34871091