German immigration to America : when, why, how, and where / Stephen Szabados
- Szabados, Stephen
- [Place of publication not identified : [publisher not identified], 
- Copyright Date:
- Update 4/09/2021.
- Physical Description:
- x, 188 pages : illustrations, maps ; 23 cm
- "If you are researching your German family history, this book is a must-read. The book should help you answer the questions, why did our German ancestors immigrate; when did they leave; how did they get here; where did they settle? It includes descriptions of many aspects of German history that affected immigration to America, and the material should give you vital insights into your ancestors' immigration. Remember that each immigrant has a unique story, and it is our challenge to dig out as many details of their immigration saga as we can when doing our family history research.I am sure this book will help point the way to many exciting stories about your family history. The stories will help your ancestors come alive. Our immigrant ancestors are the foundation of our roots in the United States. Our lives would be much different if they did not endure the challenges of emigration from Germany. Do not underestimate their contributions. They played a critical role in factories and farms in the United States. Their lives were building blocks in the growth of their new country" --Amazon.
- 9798631331525 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 34874680