A mindfulness guide for the frazzled / Ruby Wax
- Wax, Ruby, 1953-
- UK : Penguin Life, an imprint of Penguin Books, 2016.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 259 pages : black and white illustrations ; 23 cm
- Why FRAZZLED -- Mindfulness: Who? What? Why? -- How our brains work and the science behind mindfulness -- A depressing interlude -- The six-week mindfulness course -- The social mind: mindful relationships -- Mindfulness for parents, babies and children -- Mindfulness for older kids and teenagers -- Mindfulness and me -- Appendices.
- Five hundred years ago no-one died of stress: we have invented this concept and now we let it rule us. Using hilarious personal anecdotes from her experiences in 'celebrity land' as well as insightful tales from her own battle with depression, Ruby Wax introduces a scientific solution to modern problems: mindfulness. Outrageously witty, smart and accessible, Ruby Wax shows ordinary people how and why to change for good. With practical exercises to incorporate into your daily life, and a step-by-step six-week course based on her studies at Oxford University, A Mindfulness Guide for the Frazzled is the only guide you need for a happier, calmer life.
- 9780241186480, 024118648X, 9780241186497 (trade paperback), 0241186498 (trade paperback), 9780241972069, and 024197206X
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 34875036