Remembering the hacienda : religion, authority, and social change in highland Ecuador / by Barry J. Lyons
- Lyons, Barry J. (Barry Jay), 1958-
- Austin : University of Texas Press, 2006.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 350 pages : illustrations, map ; 24 cm.
- Introduction -- A history of Pangor and Monjas Corral -- Hacienda society and the base of the triangle -- Saint Rose's blessings -- Reciprocity and resistance -- Disobedience and respect: two accounts -- Respect, authority, and discipline -- The demise of the hacienda -- Liberation theology and ethnic resurgence.
- Catholic Church—Ecuador—Pangor River Watershed—History
- Haciendas—Ecuador—Case studies
- Agricultural laborers—Ecuador—Pangor River Watershed—Social conditions
- Church lands—Ecuador—Pangor River Watershed—History
- Indians of South America—Ecuador—Pangor River Watershed—Social conditions
- Social change—Ecuador—Pangor River Watershed
- Monjas Corral Hacienda (Ecuador)—History
- Pangor River Watershed (Ecuador)—Social conditions
- 0292713398 (cl. : alk. paper)
9780292713390 (cl. : alk. paper)
0292714394 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9780292714397 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -339) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3501555