I can make a difference : a treasury to inspire our children / selected by Marian Wright Edelman ; illustrations by Barry Moser
- New York : HarperCollins, 
- Copyright Date:
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 112 pages : color illustrations ; 29 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Edelman, Marian Wright
- I can make a difference by loving myself and others as God loves us and treating others respectfully and fairly -- I can make a difference by being courageous -- I can make a difference by aiming high and holding on to my ideals -- I can make a difference by caring and serving -- I can make a difference by being honest and telling the truth -- I can make a difference by persevering and not giving up -- I can make a difference by being determined and resourceful -- I can make a difference by being grateful for the gift and wonders of life -- I can make a difference by working together with others -- I can make a difference by being compassionate and kind -- I can make a difference by being nonviolent and working for peace -- I can make a difference by being faithful and struggling for what I believe.
- Teaches young readers how individual acts of courage, even though small in appearance, can have a great effect on one's life and the lives of those nearby through a review of actions by others in the past and the effects they have had on the world in which we live today. Marian Wright Edelman has drawn from a variety of cultures and peoples to compile these timeless stories, poems, songs, quotations, and folktales that speak to all children to let them know that they can make a difference in today's world.
0060280522 (lib. bdg.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references ( pages 110-112).
View MARC record | catkey: 3502163