Truck accident litigation / Laura Ruhl Genson and Anita M. Kerezman, editors
- Chicago, Ill. : American Bar Association, Tort Trial Insurance, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xxxvi, 504 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Ruhl, Laura L., Kerezman, Anita, and American Bar Association. Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section
- An overview of trucking / Daniel A. Fittanto -- Commercial driver's license (CDL) requirements / Anita M. Kerezman -- Records retention / John W. Moore -- Federal motor carrier safety regulations : transition of ICC to FMCSA / Anita M. Kerezman -- Federal motor carrier safety regulations : DOT versus OSHA / Anita M. Kerezman -- Federal motor carrier safety regulations : interstate versus intrastate / Anita M. Kerezman -- The lawyer's role / John C. Shea -- Data collection : site, vehicle, and electronic evidence / Dwayne G. Owen and Adam Senalik -- Spoliation of evidence / by Kenneth J. Allen and Bryan L. Bradley -- Special driving situations : various driving and hazardous conditions / by Ruhl Forensic, Inc., staff -- Special driving situations : hazardous materials / Paul Cunningham -- Special driving situations : highway construction, utility, and maintenance work zones / by James A. Bragdon -- Human factors : driver response / by Roland A. Ruhl -- Truck driver fatigue : a primer / Jeffrey A. Burns -- Hours of service regulations : the clock is ticking / Timothy W. Wiseman -- Hours of service regulations, hours of service violations, and highway accident litigation / Timothy W. Wiseman -- Hours of service regulations : progressive changes in hours of service regulations / Anita Kerezman -- Cargo securement / Anita M. Kerezman -- Driver responsibilities / Anita M. Kerezman -- Visibility and conspicuity / Roland A. Ruhl and John W. Moore -- On-board electronics : safety systems and devices / Roland L. Ruhl -- On-board electronics : mobile communications and global positioning systems (GPS) / Marc Sands and Ericka J. Southcombe -- On-board electronics: engine control modules / Mark G. Strauss and Lou Inendino -- Tires and wheels / Ed Sebak -- Brakes inspection : overview / by Gregory M. Wright -- Brakes inspection : driver/motor carrier perspective / Anita M. Kerezman -- Inspection, repair, and maintenance : fleet perspective / Gregory M. Wright -- Inspection, repair, and maintenance: driver/motor carrier perspective / by Anita M. Kerezman -- Inspection, repair, and maintenance : roadside vehicle Inspections / Anita M. Kerezman -- Inspection, repair, and maintenance: Post-accident commercial vehicle inspections / Anita M. Kerezman -- Drug and alcohol testing for commercial motor vehicle drivers / Donald Lewis -- Record retention / John W. Moore -- Safety rating process / Timothy W. Wiseman -- Monitoring, controlling, supervising, auditing, and dispatching / John W. Moore -- Driver training : formal training perspective : the confusing world -- Of entry-level commercial driver training / K. Michael O'Connell -- Driver training--motor carrier perspective / Anita M. Kerezman -- Driver qualification/disqualification / Anita M. Kerezman -- The effect of deregulation and NAFTA / by Michael A. Stratton -- Understanding the federal motor carrier safety regulations and their practical application in interstate trucking litigation / Daniel T. Ramsdell -- Making sure all potential defendants are sued / Joe E. White, Jr. and Charles C. Weddle III -- Discovery documents generated during the course of a CMV trip / by John. W. Moore -- Technology : what exists, how to use it, and admissibility in court: heavy vehicles and simulation / by Daniel A. Fittanto -- Technology : what exists, how to use It, and admissibility in court: somebody's watching: state legislation and recorded data in motor vehicles / Michael H. Gladstone and Brent M. Timberlake -- The plaintiffs perspective: assessing the case : elements to consider when signing a CMV case / Daniel W. Munley -- The plaintiff's perspective : essential actions, preserving the evidence / Ronald P. Hillerich and Tad Thomas -- The plaintiff's perspective : handling a plaintiff's truck crash case. What you don't know can hurt you-- and your client / Jeffrey A. Burns -- The defense perspective: can you protect the investigation? / David M. Duke and Matthew Gray -- The defense perspective: spotting the Issues and navigating the conflicts in a catastrophic trucking loss / Steven B. Novy and Jason Orleans -- The defense perspective: defending the dangerous trucking case : trial strategies to short-circuit the plaintiff / Will H. Fulton, Andrew D. Dill and Loren T. Prizant -- The defense perspective: loss allocation in light of the MCS-90 endorsement / Dennis B. Keene -- The defense perspective: potential vicarious, and independent liability for acts of drivers: theories and defenses / Robert T. Franklin -- The trial : developing and utilizing the theme / Kenneth J. Allen and Bryan L. Bradley -- The trial : perspectives on cross-examination / by Brian R. Kohlwes -- The trial : admissibility of computer-generated evidence / Daniel B. Mills and Robert E. Sidkey -- The trial : the psychology of jury verdicts in catastrophic motor vehicle accidents -- The plaintiff's perspective / Joel T. Faxon and Michael A. Stratton -- The defense perspective / David A. Skomba.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3502739