Philosophy of technology : an introduction / Val Dusek
- Dusek, Val, 1941-
- Malden, MA ; Oxford : Blackwell Pub., 2006.
- Physical Description:
- v, 244 pages ; 24 cm
- Philosophy of science and technology -- What is technology? : defining or characterizing technology -- Technocracy -- Rationality, technological rationality, and reason -- Phenomenology, hermeneutics, and technology -- Technological determinism -- Autonomous technology -- Human nature : tool-making or language? -- Women, feminism, and technology -- Non-western technology and local knowledge -- Anti-technology : romanticism, Luddism, and the ecology movement -- Social constructionism and actor-network theory.
- 1405111623 (hc. : alk. paper) and 1405111631 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 211-233) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Engineering copy: Purchased with funds from the Florence E. Bridgewater Collections Endowment for the Engineering Library; 20067.
View MARC record | catkey: 3502787