By the Honourable Thomas Fitch, Esq ; governor of His-Majesty's English colony of Connecticut ... A proclamation : Whereas the General Assembly of this colony at the sessions in October last ... have ... desired me to issue forth a proclamation, commanding and strictly enjoining ... officers within this colony ... duly to put in execution, the laws made for the observation of the Sabbath or Lord's-Day, and for preventing disorders thereon ... Given under my hand in Norwalk, the fifth day of December ... 1757
- Corporate Author:
- Connecticut. Governor (1754-1766 : Fitch)
- Uniform Title:
- Proclamation (1757 December 5)
- Additional Titles:
- Proclamation. Whereas the General Assembly of this colony at the sessions in October last ...
- New-London [Conn.] : Printed at the printing-office, 1757.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sheet) : coat of arms
- December 5, 1757 Proclamation by Governor Thomas Fitch for the enforcement of the Sabbath laws and exhorting heads of household to properly follow and educate all in their care.
- Signed: Thomas Fitch.
View MARC record | catkey: 35148899