The Maya apocalypse and its western roots / Matthew Restall and Amara Solari
- Restall, Matthew, 1964-
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Physical Description:
- xi, 153 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Solari, Amara, 1978-
- Introduction: You really can survive -- The history of the end of the world : the Maya prediction -- They deserve better : the Maya evidence -- God is angry : the millenarian mother lode -- The Moctezuma factor : the end of the world comes to Mexico -- Apocalypto : the millennium comes to the Maya -- We are always almost there : why people believe.
- "Offers an accessible readable survey of apocalyptic thinking in two civilizations-Western and Maya-driven by a clear and compelling argument. The authors explore why end-of-times anxiety and anticipation is so deeply rooted and persistent in Western civilization"--
- 9781538154977 hardcover
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Endowment Note:
- Edward J. and Eleanor Black Nichols Library Endowment Fund
View MARC record | catkey: 35151588