Urban Sustainability [electronic resource] : A Game-Based Approach / edited by Jason Papathanasiou, Georgios Tsaples, Anastasia Blouchoutzi
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2021.
- 1st ed. 2021.
- Physical Description:
- XI, 266 p. 141 illus. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Papathanasiou, Jason, Tsaples, Georgios, Blouchoutzi, Anastasia, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Springer Texts in Business and Economics, 2192-4341
- Introduction -- Chapter 1. Societal Metabolism - a Brief Introduction -- Chapter 2. Sustainable Urban Mobility -- Chapter 3. Decision Making in the Context of Sustainability -- Chapter 4. System Dynamics modelling for Urban Sustainability -- Chapter 5. Translating models into a game design -- Chapter 6. The Board Game -- Appendix: The Board Game- Cut-n'-Play.
- This textbook provides an innovative pedagogy to students who will be the policy makers of tomorrow. It provides thoughts on sustainability and the complexity among its different dimensions. It guides students through experience, processes of complex decision making, and sharpen their clarity of thought, to enhance their communication abilities and help them develop critical thinking. It provides key competencies to address the complexities of sustainable development. By combining game-based learning with an analytical style of education, supplemental materials are provided to make the definitions of various sustainability aspects more concrete and allows students to experiment in a consequence-free environment, with scenario examples. Board Game and ahypothetical management course, dealing with various topics like transportation sustainability, societal metabolism, etc. as well as with decision making under those contexts, will formalize the mathematics needed to make robust decisions.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 35155789