Fundamental rights in the EU area of freedom, security, and justice / edited by Sara Iglesias, Court of Justice of the European Union; Maribel Pascual, University Pompeu Fabra of Barcelona
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2021.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (470 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Iglesias, Sara (Editor on civil rights in EU) and González Pascual, Maribel
- Fundamental rights at the core of the EU AFSJ. An Introduction / Sara Iglesias and Maribel González -- The scope of EU Fundamental Rights in the area of freedom, security and justice / Sara Iglesias Sánchez -- A European standard of fundamental rights' protection? / Maribel González Pascual -- The protection of fundamental rights within the AFSJ : through or against mutual trust and mutual recognition? / François-Xavier Millet -- Mutual (dis-)trust in EU migration and asylum law : the exceptionalisation of fundamental rights / Violeta Moreno-Lax -- The right to liberty in the field of migration, asylum and borders / Justine N. Stefanelli, Elspeth Guild -- Family life and the best interests of the child in the field of migration / Ciara Smyth -- A decade of EU fundamental right to asylum : in search for its legal meaning and effects / Madalina Moraru -- Effective remedies and Defence rights in the field of asylum, migration, and borders / Nathan Cambien -- Mutual recognition in civil and commercial matters. On certified mutual trust / Magdalena Ličková and Cristian Oro Martínez -- The rights of the child and the right to respect for family life in the revised Brussels IIbis regulation / Vesna Lazić -- Effective remedies and fair trial in civil matters : how to enhance civil justice within the confines of EU powers / Dominik Düsterhaus -- Procedural rights (and obligations) of parties to civil proceedings / Agnieszka Frąckowiak-Adamska -- Mutual recognition and fundamental rights in EU criminal law / Valsamis Mitsilegas -- The right to liberty and security in EU criminal law / Leandro Mancano -- Defence rights and effective remedies in EU criminal law / Coral Arangüena -- Victims of crime in the area of liberty, security, and justice / Luca Lupària, Jacopo della Torre -- The principle of legality within the area of freedom, security, and justice / Christina Peristeridou -- The interpretation and application of the Ne Bis in Idem Principle in the area of freedom, security, and justice of the EU / Bas van Bockel -- Private life and data protection within the area of freedom, security, and justice / Evelien Brouwer -- Citizenship and non-discrimination rights in the area of freedom, security, and justice / Annette Schrauwen -- Vulnerability and fundamental rights in the area of freedom, security, and justice / Francesca Ippolito -- Epilogue : of judges and trust / Michal Bobek.
- The development of the Area of Freedom, Security and Justice has transformed the European Union and placed fundamental rights at the core of EU integration and its principles of mutual recognition and trust. The impact of the AFSJ in the development of an EU standard of fundamental rights, which has come to the fore since the Treaty of Lisbon, is a topic of great theoretical and practical importance. This is the first systematic academic study of the AFSJ and its implications from the point of view of fundamental rights. The contributions to this collection examine the normative and jurisprudential development of the AFSJ in order to assess its effects on the overall construction of the scope and standards of protection of EU fundamental rights in this particularly complex and sensitive field of integration. The expert contributors systematically map and critically assess this area of EU law, together with the relevant case-law.
- 9781108769006 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 06 Aug 2021).
View MARC record | catkey: 35156307