ARTE reports. Colombia : Petroguerilla, the pope and the promised land 04-14-2018 / [ARTE France Developpement].
- Strasbourg, Grand Est (France) : ARTE France Developpement, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (25 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Arte France Développement (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In Spanish and French.
- Despite the FARC's demobilization, peace is still precarious because of the tensions with the National Liberation Army - a guerilla specializing in dynamiting oil pipelines ... To this day, violent paramilitary groups occupy the territories that were abandoned by the guerilla. On a backdrop of constantly rising social inequalities, Colombia still faces off with a guerilla group as old as the FARC - despite being less renowned; the ELN (National Liberation Army) was born of the Cuban revolution. It has a reputation of being more radical than the FARC yet also more rooted within the population. In the ELN's sphere of influence - at the border with Venezuela - a gigantic multinational is extracting black gold; much to the discontent of the population, who does not benefit from it. Furthermore, the locals feel betrayed by the state and might yet start supporting the rebels.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 16, 2021).
View MARC record | catkey: 35159563