Just go fucking surfing / a film by Juul Hesselberth
- Leiden, South Holland : Institute of Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology, Universiteit Leiden, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (28 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Hesselberth, Juul and Universiteit Leiden. Institute of Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Although more women are surfing, their stories still remain rarely told. What does the marketed 'sexy surfer girl' image do with women who can't / don't want to live up to this image? How has this influenced their career and self-esteem? For her ethnographic documentary 'Just Go Fucking Surfing' Juul Hesselberth spent three months in Australia, where she followed four (former) female pro surfers. This film subtly intertwines the lives of female athletes of whom we slowly come to know that their different coping strategies are a search for freedom.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 25, 2021).
View MARC record | catkey: 35159920