Assessing Environmental Risk of Oil Spills with ERA Acute [electronic resource] : A New Methodology / by Cathrine Stephansen, Anders Bjørgesæter, Odd Willy Brude, Ute Brönner, Tonje Waterloo Rogstad, Grethe Kjeilen-Eilertsen, Jean-Marie Libre, Christian Collin-Hansen
- Stephansen, Cathrine
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2021.
- 1st ed. 2021.
- Physical Description:
- XVI, 119 p. 35 illus., 34 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Bjørgesæter, Anders, Brude, Odd Willy, Brönner, Ute, Rogstad, Tonje Waterloo, Kjeilen-Eilertsen, Grethe, Libre, Jean-Marie, Collin-Hansen, Christian, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- SpringerBriefs in Environmental Science, 2191-5547
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Preface -- Introduction to the concepts and use of Era Acute -- Environmental Risk Management Applications of Era Acute -- An Era Acute Model Overview -- Testing and Validating against Historic Spills -- Handling uncertainty and Sensitivity of Era Acute towards input Parameters -- Supplementary Information 1.
- This open access book introduces readers to a new methodology for assessing the risks to the marine environment following accidental oil spills. The methodology will soon be implemented on the Norwegian Continental Shelf and will be complemented by guidelines for its use in a regulatory framework. The brief book is intended to provide international readers with a basic grasp of what the ERA Acute methodology consists of, what its applications are, and the underlying impact and restoration models used in its development. The content is divided into three main parts: an introduction and overview of risk management applications for generalists at the management level, a model overview for generalist scientists, and a more detailed final section for risk assessment professionals, which presents the results of the validation and sensitivity testing. .
- 9783030701765, 9783030701758 (print), and 9783030701772 (print)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 35189837