Bioenergy research [electronic resource] : advances and applications / edited by Vijai K. Gupta, Maria G. Tuohy, Christian P. Kubicek, Jack Saddler, Feng Xu.
- Waltham, MA : Elsevier, 
- Physical Description:
- xv, 495 pages : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Gupta, Vijai Kumar, Tuohy, Maria G., Kubicek, C. P. (Christian P.), Saddler, Jack, and Xu, Feng
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- 1. Current bioenergy researches : strengths and future challenges / Naveen Kumar Mekala [and three others] -- 2. Bioenergy research : an overview on technological developments and bioresources / Vijai K. Gupta [and five others] -- 3. Use of agroindustrial residues for bioethanol production / Luiz J. Visioli [and nine others] -- 4. Recent advancements in pretreatment technologies of biomass to produce bioenergy / Irmene Ortíz, Rodolfo Quintero -- 5. Biofuels and bioproducts produced through microbial conversion of biomass / Trent Chunzhong Yang [and six others] -- 6. Databases for bioenergy-related enzymes / Yanbin Yin -- 7. Isobutanol production from bioenergy crops / Thaddeus Chukwuemeka Ezeji, Nasib Qureshi, Victor Ujor -- 8. Lipase-catalyzed biodiesel production : technical challenges / Rama Raju Baadhe, Ravichandra Potumarthi, Vijai K. Gupta -- 9. Bioelectrochemistry of microbial fuel cells and their potential applications in bioenergy / Minghua Zhou [and five others] -- 10. Second-generation biofuel from high-efficiency algal-derived biocrude / Rhykka Connelly -- 11. Microalgae : the tiny microbes with a big impact / Shovon Mandal, Nirupama Mallick -- 12. Biobased fats (lipids) and oils from biomass as a source of bioenergy / Ciarán John Forde [and five others] -- 13. Use of volatile solids from biomass for energy production / W.J. Oosterkamp -- 14. Biorefinery systems : an overview / Maria Gavrilescu -- 15. Catalytic thermochemical processes for biomass conversion to biofuels and chemicals / Lin Mei Wu [and three others] -- 16. Applications of heterogeneous catalysts in the production of biodiesel by esterification and transesterification / Luiz P. Ramos [and four others] -- 17. Lignocellulose-based chemical products / Ed De Jong, Richard J.A. Gosselink -- 18. Industrial lignins : analysis, properties, and applications / Alex Berlin, Mikhail Balakshin -- 19. Amino-based products from biomass and microbial amino acid production / K. Madhavan Nampoothiri [and four others] -- 20. Production of phytochemicals, dyes and pigments as coproducts in bioenergy processes / Hanshu Ding, Feng Xu -- 21. Recent developments on cyanobacteria and green algae for biohydrogen photoproduction and its importance in CO₂ reduction / Y. Allahverdiyeva, E.M. Aro, S.N. Kosourov -- 22. Engineered cyanobacteria : research and application in bioenergy / Gustavo B. Leite, Patrick C. Hallenbeck -- 23. Sustainable farming of bioenergy crops / Adrian Muller -- 24. Bioenergy technology and food industry waste valorization for integrated production of polyhydroxyalkanoates / Vasiliki Kachrimanidou [and three others] -- 25. Advances and innovations in biochar production and utilization for improving environmental quality / Charles Hyland, Ajit K. Sarmah -- 26. Biochar processing for sustainable development in current and future bioenergy research / Mark P. McHenry -- 27. Development of thermochemical and biochemical technologies for biorefineries / Michael P. Garver, Shijie Liu.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 35191940