The language demands of school : putting academic English to the test / edited by Alison L. Bailey
- New Haven : Yale University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 226 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Bailey, Alison L.
- Introduction: teaching and assessing students learning English in school / Alison L. Bailey -- ELLs and standardized assessments: the interaction between language proficiency and performance on standardized tests / Frances A. Butler, Robin Stevens, and Martha Castellon -- Policy needs: what federal and state governments need from language research / Jan Mayer -- A conceptual framework of academic English language for broad application to education / Alison L. Bailey and Frances A. Butler -- Further specifying the language demands of school / Alison L. Bailey, Frances A. Butler, Robin Stevens, and Carol Lord -- Making choices in academic English language testing: evidence from the evolution of test specifications / Fred Davidson, Jung Tae Kim, Hyeong-Jong Lee, Jinshu Li, and Alexis A. López -- Academic English: a view from the classroom / Margaret Heritage, Norma Silva, and Mary Pierce -- A research agenda for the future of English language development / Alison L. Bailey.
- 0300109466 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3526919