Life after death : the burden of proof / Deepak Chopra
- Chopra, Deepak
- New York : Harmony Books, 
- Copyright Date:
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 282 pages ; 25 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Death at the door -- The cure for dying -- Death grants three wishes -- Escaping the noose -- The path to hell -- Ghosts -- The invisible thread -- Seeing the soul -- Two magical words -- Surviving the storm -- Guides and messengers -- The dream continues -- Is Akasha real? -- Thinking outside the brain -- The mechanics of creation -- Epilogue: Maha Samadhi.
- Chopra turns to the most profound mystery: what happens after we die? Is this one question we were not meant to answer, a riddle whose solution the universe keeps to itself? Chopra tells us there is abundant evidence that "the world beyond" is not separated from this world by an impassable wall; in fact, a single reality embraces all worlds, all times and places. At the end of our lives we "cross over" into a new phase of the same soul journey we are on right this minute. Chopra draws on cutting-edge scientific discoveries and the great wisdom traditions to provide a map of the afterlife. It's a journey into many levels of consciousness. But more important is his urgent message: Who you meet in the afterlife and what you experience there reflect your present beliefs, expectations, and level of awareness. Here and now, you shape what happens after you die.--From publisher description.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 255-270) and index.
- Action Note:
- committed to retain 20170930 20430101 HathiTrust https://www.hathitrust.org/shared_print_program
View MARC record | catkey: 3526927