Health restor'd [electronic resource] : or, the triumph of nature, over physick, doctors, and apothecaries. In twelve entertaining conversations. Plainly evincing by reason, nature, and philosophy, the absurdity and inconsistency of the practice of physicians; ... To which is added, an essay on regimen
- Ablancourt, sieur d', 1621-1696
- Uniform Title:
- Dialogue de la santé. English
- London : printed for J. Torbuck; J. Boydell; and F. Noble, 1740.
- The third edition.
- Physical Description:
- iv,124,225-226 pages ; 8⁰.
- ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu , Full text online
- L and CSmH have pp. 225-226, 'Appendix. The author's advice to old men, against the use of venereal pleasures.', pasted at end of text.
'Finis' on p. 124.
In fact a translation of Nicolas Fremont d'Ablancourt's 'Dialogue de la santé', originally published in Paris in 1683.
Reproduction of original from the John Rylands University Library of Manchester.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Medicine, science, and technology series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCN7259.
View MARC record | catkey: 3531884