A practical essay on the venereal disease [electronic resource] : to which are subjoined, observations on the causes and cure of tabes dorsalis, by J. Smyth, M.D.
- Smyth, J. H. (J. Hamilton)
- Uniform Title:
- New treatise on the venereal disease
- [London] : Printed for the author, 1783.
- The twenty first edition with improvements.
- Physical Description:
- x, 35, 3 unnumbered pages, 43, 1 unnumbered page ; 8⁰.
- The titlepage is a cancel.
'Observations' has a separate titlepage and separate pagination.
The earliest known edition, 6th, London, 1771, is entitled 'A new treatise on the venereal disease, gleets, seminal weaknesses; the dreadful effects of self-pollution'.
Subsequent editions "printed for the author" have London in the imprint.
Reproduction of original from the National Library of Medicine.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Medicine, science, and technology series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCN12035.
View MARC record | catkey: 3532384